Welcome to the “Transactions and Connections: Memories of the Past in the European Context” Conference website
This event will discuss the transactions and the connections between past and contemporary literature written in English and in the European context. The seminar aims to present ideas on the significance of the interplay of past and present from a dual perspective. Therefore, contributions will address the ambivalent tension between past and present, and will consider the ongoing state of negotiation between past concerns and current issues in contemporary culture.
This seminar will address topics such as:
- (Neo)Victorian transactions and connections.
- Transactions and connections between distant pasts and contemporary literature.
- The presence of the recent past i.e. the 1930s and the 1940s in contemporary fiction.
- Transmedia transformations in contemporary culture.
- Transculturalism in the European context.
- Transatlantic transactions and connections.
The “Transactions and Connections: Memories of the Past in the European Context” Conference is organised by members of the Research Project P09-HUM4609 and members of the Research Group HUM-858. It is hosted by the Department of English, French and German at the Faculty of Arts (LETRAS), University of Málaga (SPAIN).
SEMINAR: 9 -11 OCTOBER 2013
Early bird registration fee is extended until 29th September
If you have any question regarding the Conference, please send an email to: transactionsineuropeancontext [at] gmail [dot] com